What is a Fabric Shaver?
It might sound self-explanatory, and in a way it definitely is. But there’s more to this device than meets the eye. In this article we will explain how to achieve satisfying and ultimate results using this clever little garment tool.
The Pilo Fabric Shaver has three precision-made razor blades and a surprisingly strong motor, that actually originates from an electric razor. The high speed helps eliminate the risk of pilling getting stuck in the shaving membrane. Thus, you can safely shave off lint and pilling.
Can I use a fabric shaver / pill remover on all kinds of fabrics?
Short answer: Yes!
The longer version … be careful and increase the pressure gradually. By gently trying a small part of the fabric you will easily find out if the material is on the too delicate side or not. Keep in mind, in our opinion no materials are too delicate for our product. A small doze of common sense will take you far – there is, of course, a limit to how big the pilling can be – a heavy rug may be too much even for the Pilo (don’t bite off more than you can chew).
How to use a Pilo Fabric Shaver
- Make sure the Pilo has been cleaned properly, i.e. remove leftover lint and fuzz from the last time you used the machine
- Put your garment on a flat surface
- Press the On/Off button and start circling the areas with pilling carefully
- Increase pressure gradually
- If you’re working on a heavily pilled garment you need to check the container and empty it after a while (you normally feel and hear when the machine starts to run a little slower)
We strongly believe this device has a fair chance of entering your list of best friends. Good luck!